UA School of Dance, Hanna Miller (with Al-Marah Arabians) and Campo Urbano/ESBF are just getting started conceptualizing this multi-year project, but we’re excited about the endless possibilities.
In some preliminary meetings discussions for the series included:
- several performances, even on the UA Mall if we’re lucky,
- classes for UA students at nearby ranches to learn horsemanship,
- volunteer work with veterans and youth,
- youth mentoring with UA students, opening a world of possibilities
- inter-college and inter-university collaborations and partnerships
A cornerstone to this project in community integration. For example, from the beginning we’ve placed emphasis on it being a tool for students to discover the role of dance outside of performance.